Here is the web link to ‘Freight Action Plan for Kent’ which KCC have issued to consult on their plans for the future. I believe that we should all respond to it as individuals and steer the KCC towards a network of smaller lorry parks instead of supporting the one huge disaster at Stanford. You can download the pdf document and a questionnaire document in Word. The consultation closes 12 March.
As you will see the Freight Action Plan outlines five key actions:
- To tackle the problem of overnight lorry parking in Kent
- To find a long term solution to Operation Stack
- To effectively manage the routeing of HGV traffic to ensure that such movements remain on the strategic road network for as much of its journey as possible
- To take steps to address the problems caused by freight traffic to communities
- To ensure that KCC continues to make effective use of planning and development control powers to reduce the impact of freight traffic.